Skip to main content

New McCall's and what's on my list


  There seems to be some great buzz going around about the new McCall's patterns that was released recently. I myself, am really digging this collection. There's just some really great patterns that I can't wait to pick up at the next pattern sale. Let's get into what will be on my list at the next McCall's sale, shall we: First up is M7099, I know some people don't feel the love with jumpsuits and all, but man y'all this is everything! This pattern looks chic and sophisticated, and the model is seriously selling this pattern.
 
M7099
 
 
  My second pick is M7094, and I purposely added the picture of the back, because when I first saw the back; I literally screamed, yesss GAWD(true story) lol! I mean, life had been given with this pattern. I love an understated sexy, ya know?! And to me this is what this pattern is giving, an understated sexy...
 
M7094
 
 

 Okay, so moving right along, my third pick is  M7100: This is a little reminiscent of a very popular indie pattern that's out; however, I say there is nothing new under the sun, so I will be saving my coins and purchasing this one. I will say, that I'd wished they would have included a lining for this jacket, but that's ok!
 
M7100

 I also would like to pick up M7098. I know that this is a simple trouser/pant pattern, but I still like it! McCall's did a fantastic job with the styling on most of these garments imho...


M7098
 
 
  And the last one on my must have list is M7085: I love that this pattern is drafted for a woven instead of a knit. I think we have enough  knit patterns dresses imo(Love knits, but excited for this woven pattern). I love the different neckline variations, and can't wait to see what others come up with, with this pattern.
M7085


 Now, I  do have one more pattern that I quite like, but I am unsure if  it's my jush (my thing). For instance, M7084, I love this but don't know if it's me; therefore, this is one that I will wait for reviews before purchasing.
M7084
 *Oooh, I totally forgot my little bit, the little lady that runs the men in this house, LOL! I am so getting my pretty girl the M7074 dress. I love, love this dress! I love the color block options on this one.
M7074
  Overall, I am singing McCall's praises on this one. This is a great collection, one in which has me even more excited for Spring. If you haven't, go and checkout the entire collection, and I'm sure you will find something that you fancy. I just wanted to highlight my favorites, so I didn't post all of the new collection. I guess I better get back to putting on the buttons on this shirt, will be back soon y'all!
 
 
                             ~Be blessed and nothin' less and continue to stay fearlessly fierce!




Comments

  1. The first 4 are my faves too. SSB https://facebook.com/sassysewingbees

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sassy T,great minds think alike girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You already know I'm all over a bunch of these! :-)

    your little one will look adorable in that dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nakisha,I knew that you would be! I'm looking forward to your post, because you be getting a girl pumped up lol!

      Delete
  4. I love this collection too! I found nine patterns that I must have! A rarity for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, I am so smitten with this collection.

      Delete
  5. I'm sure you're going to make some wonderful garments from these patterns. Will be waiting to see them appear here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn! I can't wait for them to go on sale lol!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's a ruffle kinda of season :Vogue 9243

Guys have you ever started a project, and were quite excited to make the garment, but halfway through finishing, you suddenly lose interest? Well, that was my story. I have never been so ready to call a garment done in my life,lol.


This pattern is seriously not hard at all, technique wise, that is. I mean, once you get over having to hem those four flounces if you do the view that I made, which is view F. However,  I'm just kinda of meh about this project. I  think because I loved McCall's 7542 so much, and was hoping the same for this top too, but nope!



 The neckline on this one is enormously large! I didn't catch this when I tissue fitted the pattern, but I have been more diligent in exercising and eating better, so I don't know; maybe I lost a few pounds, which could have caused the neckline to be large. However, if you look closely at the model on the cover, it looks to be a little large on the model's neckline as well, so something to note.



 Let's get …

I'm just here for the sleeves: M7542

It's no secret, that these sleeves are in everywhere now days! I'm mean, I'm just here for the sleeves myself,lol.

 I loved this pattern at first glance, and I even loved all of the other views that were accompanied within the pattern. I don't think that has every happened for me, now that I  think about it.


 Now looking over the instructions prior to starting this project, I was fairly confident that everything was going to be a breeze, and they were for the most part( however comma) (yes I had to write it out because I would totally say this in real life, lol!)

However, those darn sleeves gave me a run for my money, well not the sleeve itself, but the hem!




 I'm no rookie when it comes to hemming curved hems, or so I thought, because every method I tried was basically like, nope, try again, LOL! 
 After what seemed like an eternity and having to re-cut out an entirely different flounce, I was able to get a decent hem on the flounce of the sleeve. I just used Mc…

The three pattern dress that took a month to finish:Simplicity 8383

Guys so my sewing mojo has been pretty much non- existent-hence the reason it has taken me over a month to finish the hem of this simple dress,lol..  This dress is Simplicity 8383 and I was so gun-ho  in making this dress, that I went out and purchased the pattern and paid full price, as I couldn't bare to wait the shipping out, then only to take a month to hem said dress that I just had to have :)..

This pattern is very easy. If you have any sewing experience, the instructions would not be of importance to you. The view that I made, view C, has only four pattern pieces:front, back, neck band, and the arm hole binding pattern pieces for the arm holes. I made the 16 and added four inches to the dress and I was still only able to do a tiny hem, so be mindful if you're only the taller end like myself. For the fabric, I used a rayon blend knit fabric that I purchased from a local vendor here in Hawaii some time ago, and I really adore the drape and movement of this fabric.



I al…