Skip to main content

Black Out, S1731!


Vest is S1756 I reviewed this
last year..I love when other garments
that you've made prior work together
with new garments!(I'm a cornball it's ok lol)
  I'm back y'all to review my S1371 pants again. I almost started not to review them again, due to the fact that I made them in a basic black. But black is certainly a color in which I wear a lot of; I mean it is kid proof, lol! However, I really wanted to take a little time to show the modifications that I made to this pair. My first pair, the floral pair, yeah those! Who would have thunk it that you may actually have to sit down in said pants, BAHAHAHA! Y'all, please, please when you make your muslin be sure to sit down to make sure that you can do so comfortably! Man, have I learned my lesson :)!



  Here you can see the waistband a little clearer
and I have to tell you this pants are extremely
           comfortable. They're fitted, without being over fitted,ya know?!


  You see, I knew from having made the floral pants that I was going to need more room in the waist, ugh, there goes that "apple shape".... I almost always need a little extra room in the waist area, especially pants, and skirts. What I did first was to measure the waistband pattern piece on my waist, and measured how much I needed to add for it to meet at the center front. I'm not sure if this is the legit way; however, it works for me! So, I then added this amount by slashing and spreading the amount in the waist of the pants front and back, and the waist band pieces. I made sure not slash and spread through the hip area, as I am not "hippy" and didn't need the extra room there, only in the waist area.
altered pattern, gosh I could have least
ironed the pattern to take the picture sheesh
lol! 


I followed the instructions using this book
to make the alterations.


  This fabric does have a little more stretch than my first pair, in which I  used a stretch twill that I picked up from Fabric.com. I do believe that this pattern benefits from being made in a fabric that has a wee bit of stretch; however, it probably wasn't necessary to add as much to the waist, seeing that stretch  fabric grows a little throughout the day. I was sure to add twill tape to the waistline and pocket edges, so while my fabric grew a wee bit, it was not much. I guess it's safe to say that every fabric will behave differently.  I wore them on Tuesday all day for appointments, and wore them again on yesterday, for dinner with the hubby, man I just gave up my Diva card saying that BAHAHAHAHA!


  What else? Oh yeah, I moved my zipper to the left instead of the right, because I am a lefty and had trouble zipping myself up with the zipper being on the right with the first pair. I also tapered the leg a little more on the ankle. I just basically grabbed a pair of my favorite RTW skinny pants and got my measurements from there. I also did not do the recommended 1 1/4 hem, I used a 5/8 hem as I already have a pair of black ankle pants, and plus I want to be able to wear these pants with my boots in the fall, yassss hunty! I'm not sure what's next, maybe that just means I need more fabric and patterns, right?! LOL! Welp, that's all I have y'all! I hope you all enjoy your weekend and that it is full of great shopping, and sewing!


                               ~Be blessed and nothin' less and continue to stay fearlessly fierce!

Comments

  1. You look so pretty! and I love the whole outfit! I really need to get on my pants game because with this winter coming, I don't EVEN have time to waste lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much TheTellTaleTasha! You should really give pants a go, there really simple once you get your fit down..

      Delete
  2. ok that whole outfit is awesome - great job on the pants - it was hard for me to see without enlarging the picture - the black on black is dark but all is good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cynthia! Glad you were able to enlarge the pictures to see the pants..Black is such a hard color to photograph but I just love it so:)

      Delete
  3. You are so rocking all black... Great slacks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look with your black pants! These pants go so well with a lot of things, especially your vest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness Candice!!! You look FABULOUS...hair, make-up, outfit! Love, love, love the black on black on black! Seems like I may need a pair of these in my wardrobe! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Terri! I know you would rock these pants should you make them..

      Delete
  6. Wonderful outfit. You look maaaahvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the look! Love that you talked and showcased the modifications that you did. That is always helpful. Great way to learn more by using a pre-made pattern as a template.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful, Candice! You know how to style

    ReplyDelete
  10. In a word, PERFECT! I was on the fence about this pattern but I just might pick it up today. Like you I have to adjust the waist in my pants and skirts as well because I'm don't have hips. I love how you tapered the legs in too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sabrina! I hope you do pick this one up, this pattern is a great one!

      Delete
  11. You look so beautiful, Candice. I love how your pants turned out. The whole outfit is so gorgeous and looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's a ruffle kinda of season :Vogue 9243

Guys have you ever started a project, and were quite excited to make the garment, but halfway through finishing, you suddenly lose interest? Well, that was my story. I have never been so ready to call a garment done in my life,lol.


This pattern is seriously not hard at all, technique wise, that is. I mean, once you get over having to hem those four flounces if you do the view that I made, which is view F. However,  I'm just kinda of meh about this project. I  think because I loved McCall's 7542 so much, and was hoping the same for this top too, but nope!



 The neckline on this one is enormously large! I didn't catch this when I tissue fitted the pattern, but I have been more diligent in exercising and eating better, so I don't know; maybe I lost a few pounds, which could have caused the neckline to be large. However, if you look closely at the model on the cover, it looks to be a little large on the model's neckline as well, so something to note.



 Let's get …

I'm just here for the sleeves: M7542

It's no secret, that these sleeves are in everywhere now days! I'm mean, I'm just here for the sleeves myself,lol.

 I loved this pattern at first glance, and I even loved all of the other views that were accompanied within the pattern. I don't think that has every happened for me, now that I  think about it.


 Now looking over the instructions prior to starting this project, I was fairly confident that everything was going to be a breeze, and they were for the most part( however comma) (yes I had to write it out because I would totally say this in real life, lol!)

However, those darn sleeves gave me a run for my money, well not the sleeve itself, but the hem!




 I'm no rookie when it comes to hemming curved hems, or so I thought, because every method I tried was basically like, nope, try again, LOL! 
 After what seemed like an eternity and having to re-cut out an entirely different flounce, I was able to get a decent hem on the flounce of the sleeve. I just used Mc…

The three pattern dress that took a month to finish:Simplicity 8383

Guys so my sewing mojo has been pretty much non- existent-hence the reason it has taken me over a month to finish the hem of this simple dress,lol..  This dress is Simplicity 8383 and I was so gun-ho  in making this dress, that I went out and purchased the pattern and paid full price, as I couldn't bare to wait the shipping out, then only to take a month to hem said dress that I just had to have :)..

This pattern is very easy. If you have any sewing experience, the instructions would not be of importance to you. The view that I made, view C, has only four pattern pieces:front, back, neck band, and the arm hole binding pattern pieces for the arm holes. I made the 16 and added four inches to the dress and I was still only able to do a tiny hem, so be mindful if you're only the taller end like myself. For the fabric, I used a rayon blend knit fabric that I purchased from a local vendor here in Hawaii some time ago, and I really adore the drape and movement of this fabric.



I al…