Skip to main content

Floral pants frenzy: Simplicity 1371

 I have been wanting a pair of floral pants like these since forevah! It's almost like Cynthia Rowley heard my prayer lol, by creating this pattern ( well the pants at least), and speaking of Cynthia Rowley this is the first pattern of hers that I've sewn; although, I own practically all of her patterns. I fell in love with this pattern the moment I saw it, and knew I had to these pants in floral..  The pants come together relatively quickly and seem to be your standard Big 4 pattern instructions.
 
"Apple Shape" ladies we can
embrace the high waist too..
I think layering with a cami and
blouse, helps to keep the original
flow of the high waist; yet gives an
illusion of a smaller waistline. IMHO
 
  That being said and with this not being my first go at pants making, I knew that there were certain elements that I wanted to include. I added 1 1/2 inches to the front and back pieces to allow for a hem allowance. I added twill tape in the waistline seams,  also adding twill tape in the crotch seam (this is done to avoid your pants from growing). I made sure to add interfacing to stabilize the zipper area, especially having used a stretch twill fabric that had a slight  stretch; I wanted to prevent puckering in this area.
Pocket with invisible zipper..


Front pleats




Inside shot...I'm going to try the bias
binding next time to see if I can get a cleaner
finish...Practice makes perfect, or at least better!
 
   I didn't really have any sewing difficulties in sewing these pants; however, getting them to fit was entire different beast...  The waist, which is a bit snug; however, I am an " apple shape" and carry most of my weight in my tummy area ,so I knew that I would need to adjust there.  However, I did have to continue working with the fit to achieve the taper leg that is shown on the model . You definitely will need to adjust in order to achieve the look that you desire.  
 
 
 
 
 Overall this is a great pattern, one in which I'm sure you will be pleased with! I probably will make one more pair, preferably in a solid color for fall, but we'll see! I hope you ladies have a wonderful weekend filled with sewing and fabric shopping, of course lol!
 
                                       ~Be blessed and nothin' less and continue to stay fearlessly fierce 
 


Comments

  1. Your complete styling looks great. The pants are a great fit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Di. Vine! I knew these pants were going to be fly . Everything about the outfit is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these – totally awesome on you. Especially with your killer heels combo. Kpow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so vibrantly chic. ... love the hair do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Candice! These are HOT! I love the fit and the fabric is fabulous!!! As usual the styling is on point! You did a GREAT job on these pants - It's nice to see these made up! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look amazing Candice, I love the pants and the whole darn outfit. Get it girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Turned out lovely and look fantastic on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love!
    Sieht wunderbar aus !
    Liebe Grüße Annette aus Deutschland

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pants are killer! I love the floral fabric you used.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now those are cheeful! Very pretty. Would be gorgeous in white also.
    http://www.secondstoryloft.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those pants are stellar!!!!!!!!!!! I love the fit, and the pieces you paired them with. Also, your hair!! It looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These pants are amazing!!!! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these! They look FAB on you!! Did you find the crotch on yours was a little long?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks J! I didn't have any problems with the crotch being too long, normally I have to lengthen this area.. I hope this helps any..

      Delete
  14. you look amazing, Im just about to make those. xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's a ruffle kinda of season :Vogue 9243

Guys have you ever started a project, and were quite excited to make the garment, but halfway through finishing, you suddenly lose interest? Well, that was my story. I have never been so ready to call a garment done in my life,lol.


This pattern is seriously not hard at all, technique wise, that is. I mean, once you get over having to hem those four flounces if you do the view that I made, which is view F. However,  I'm just kinda of meh about this project. I  think because I loved McCall's 7542 so much, and was hoping the same for this top too, but nope!



 The neckline on this one is enormously large! I didn't catch this when I tissue fitted the pattern, but I have been more diligent in exercising and eating better, so I don't know; maybe I lost a few pounds, which could have caused the neckline to be large. However, if you look closely at the model on the cover, it looks to be a little large on the model's neckline as well, so something to note.



 Let's get …

I'm just here for the sleeves: M7542

It's no secret, that these sleeves are in everywhere now days! I'm mean, I'm just here for the sleeves myself,lol.

 I loved this pattern at first glance, and I even loved all of the other views that were accompanied within the pattern. I don't think that has every happened for me, now that I  think about it.


 Now looking over the instructions prior to starting this project, I was fairly confident that everything was going to be a breeze, and they were for the most part( however comma) (yes I had to write it out because I would totally say this in real life, lol!)

However, those darn sleeves gave me a run for my money, well not the sleeve itself, but the hem!




 I'm no rookie when it comes to hemming curved hems, or so I thought, because every method I tried was basically like, nope, try again, LOL! 
 After what seemed like an eternity and having to re-cut out an entirely different flounce, I was able to get a decent hem on the flounce of the sleeve. I just used Mc…

The three pattern dress that took a month to finish:Simplicity 8383

Guys so my sewing mojo has been pretty much non- existent-hence the reason it has taken me over a month to finish the hem of this simple dress,lol..  This dress is Simplicity 8383 and I was so gun-ho  in making this dress, that I went out and purchased the pattern and paid full price, as I couldn't bare to wait the shipping out, then only to take a month to hem said dress that I just had to have :)..

This pattern is very easy. If you have any sewing experience, the instructions would not be of importance to you. The view that I made, view C, has only four pattern pieces:front, back, neck band, and the arm hole binding pattern pieces for the arm holes. I made the 16 and added four inches to the dress and I was still only able to do a tiny hem, so be mindful if you're only the taller end like myself. For the fabric, I used a rayon blend knit fabric that I purchased from a local vendor here in Hawaii some time ago, and I really adore the drape and movement of this fabric.



I al…