Friday, April 25, 2014

My little flounce hem dress B5313!


  I am so happy to have finally gotten to sew up B5313, which is now sadly OPP( out of print) now..  There are so many lovely versions on PR regarding this dress, but I must say Sheila's version of this pattern is what caught my eye... I love the sassiness of this dress, and it doesn't hurt that we are seeing the flounce hems everywhere! I am totally digging the flounce, y'all, yass!! 


 
 
 I do want to note that this is an extremely close fitting dress(Let's just I had to do some damage to my Spanx LOL)! There was minimum ease in this pattern, so pick your size carefully. I made view B and used the sleeves from view A. I had been hoarding/stashing this beautifully cobalt blue Ponte knit for some time, but had been patiently awaiting for the perfect project.  I almost didn't have enough fabric! Well, truthfully I didn't,  as I had to join my flounces together. I have a seam down my front and back flounce, but I like to believe that  it adds character :)...   I also added length to the pattern because as designed for my height the dress would be too short. I added 1" to the bodice back and bodice front and added total of 4" inches to the skirt piece...

 
 This dress comes together really quickly, I believe it took me a day and half.. That's what I call my kind of sewing lol... Oh yeah, before I forget.. I didn't construct the neckline as the instructions state.. I just sewed it as I do most of my knit necklines. Which is to fold the neckline band lengthwise and press, serge the raw edge, pin the raw edge to neckline/shoulder that is not sewn( only one shoulder should be sewn at this point). keep pinning neckline around until you get to the other shoulder, now sew the band onto the neckline at 1/4 seam and now join the shoulders together (front and back) making sure that everything is lined up.. Lastly, press your neckband and topstitch if you desire...I hope this helps!
 
 



 Overall this is a great pattern that comes together quickly, and I do see maybe one more in the near future.. I hope you ladies have a great weekend, and get in as much sewing as your heart desires...Be blessed and nothin' less and continue to stay fearlessly fierce! 


21 comments:

  1. The dress is gorgeous and you look so beautiful in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! You did awesome, and I have to look into the flounce hem. I am always slow to pick up on trends...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa! I'm pretty slow with trends myself lol!

      Delete
  3. Love it. The color is perfect and the flounce make it sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! Love the pop of color in the shoes. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress is beautiful. Clothing like this is why we sew--quality stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good lady, loving this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Candice, that dress is all that and you look amazing girl. Love it, and the color is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am slipping on my blog reading. .Love it... you look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Somehow I missed this one. I LOVE this on you. I think a need a little flounce in my life. Great color and fabulous fit!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...