Monday, April 7, 2014

Crazy about stripes/ M6886


  The fact that I love stripes is an understatement, seeing the fact at how much I have sewn (here, herehere and here..) with them..But I live by the motto, well sewing motto that is; which is to sew what you love! Simple, yes? I sometimes browse online to see what's hot, and I just so happened to see this Michael Kors dress. I was sold, stripes, simplicity, chic, comfortable, yass hunty lol! This dress comes together extremely quickly, and I do  believe that I had it done within a few hours or so.. If anything else, it helped get me pumped and excited again about sewing, especially after having all those astronomical amounts of wadders, and yes I being dramatic but that's how it felt lol!


I made view A
Michael Kors dress from Neiman Marcus
  I made view A and chose to lengthen the dress about two inches and I also used a bias binding on the neckline for a clean finish...Seriously, you won't even need the instructions, but should you need them they are great... I do want to note that the neckline for the head opening is SMALL, y'all my head is freakishly large, for example let's just say that I have been known to do some damage to a turtle neck BAHAHAHA! Just wanted to give a word of caution there, but then again maybe it's just my big ol' head lol...

 Overall this a great quick and easy pattern and I will probably sew this again, just will alter that neckline :) I hope you ladies have a wonderful week, I'm off to get this workout in and done...Be blessed and nothin' less and continue to stay fearlessly fierce!

18 comments:

  1. It looks really great on you. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks The Sewing CPA! I'm glad to have found your blog by the way!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful!!! I love stripes too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!!! I love stripes too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we often love what we feel best wearing. You look great in this dress! Oh, I hate dresses/tops with small neck openings. I just won't wear them twice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annette, yeah, I hear you on the small neckline it can truly be a pain.. Hopefully I can get a few wears out of this garment...Thanks for stopping by and again another great blog that I've found...

      Delete
  5. Love it. I'm already looking for a pattern for another TNT summer dress. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great dress and Thanks for the 411 on the neck opening..you are not alone with the head syndrome... Hunty...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! And yes hunty that neckline is tight lol!

      Delete
  7. Nice dress. Did you make the bias binding?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen! I did make the binding using some leftover knit that I had for a previous project.

      Delete
  8. Cute dress, lady. I love stripes too. wink.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hot! just discovered your blog and adding to my reader. love your style!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...