Sunday, February 16, 2014

Simplicity A1738 Review

 
 
 
    Yesterday I celebrated my birthday, and I was so happy to have finished my cardigan in time for my day.. Y'all, I had a blast! My sister lives here in Texas now, so yeah, we have been having a blast! Okay, but let me get back to this cardigan that took forevah and a day to finish lol!  This pattern Simplicity A1738 ( which is now OPP) was not difficult, I just didn't have any mojo, ugh!
 
 
   Let me just say that I love the finish product of this cardigan; however, I will not say that  this pattern is as simple as the pattern claims. It was easy for me, but I do believe that the facing and shoulder area could possible cause issue for a beginner.  Everything else regarding the pattern was beginner friendly, just be sure to take your time when sewing the facing and shoulder area..I used a red ponte- knit fabric, and made the size 16 throughout the bust and an 18 through the waist and hips..

  I will note that the sleeves are long and not all cropped as in the photo but that is an easy fix; I simply pushed my sleeves up.. This cardigan wore well and will be a great transition piece for spring, speaking of spring it's been feeling like spring lately here Texas (I see them eyes rolling to those who are still dealing with snowstorms and such)..LOL!!! I'm not sure what's next on my list, but I'm just going to try and flow with it... Well, ladies I hope you have a wonderful week ahead; Be Blessed and nothin' less and continue to stay fearlessly fierce!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



28 comments:

  1. Nice cardigan! I like everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cardigan is lovely, and you look ready for spring with the bold, pretty color. I'm glad you had a great birthday and visit with your sister! Happy belated birthday!! I wish you many more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cardigan and I'm glad it's spring-like weather somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Cardigan,wow!Die Farbe steht Dir Wunderbar,wow!
    Liebe Grüße Annette
    From Germany

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice cardigan! Enjoy your spring like weather. I can't wait for this weather to change.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely love it. Also love the hair, the shoes, the purse, the jeans...okay, I love it all. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. From a jealous Minnesotan, who has watched it snow for the past 7 hours straight...I love your jacket! :-)

    The color is fantastic. I need to push this up in queue because I bought THREE extras as giveaways when I realized it was oop. Lucked up at Walmart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nakisha! I know you will look great in this jacket, hope to see yours soon!

      Delete
  8. Very cute! Belated happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty Jacket! It's on my to sew list in yellow! Oh and I'm part of the eye roll crew here in Chicago! 6-8 inches today! I don't know where all this snow is going to go when it melts. YesI do - in my crawl space and in everyone's basement! This would be a good year to sell insurance - in my new yellow jacket! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol, this jacket is a great little gem...

      Delete
  10. Well...HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY CANDICE!!! You are looking FIERCE!!! Love how you've styled this cardi that looks kind of like a jacket. Love the back detail! WERK! Hope you had a good one! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Color = Fantastic! Happy Birthday Candice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Faye! I must say I am getting coat envy from you lol, your coat is coming along nicely!

      Delete
  12. What a gorgeous pop of colour and I like that this is a comfy cardigan with the look of a tailored jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey lady! You are one of my choices for the Liebster award! Please visit my blog to see more details.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Belated Birthday. Lovely jacket and red looks fabulous on you. I have that pattern and some how didn't get chance to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! Love the color you chose for it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...