Friday, November 1, 2013

Pants, cameras, and all kinds of things......

 I've been sewing y'all, it's just that I've been to consumed to stop and post for these past two weeks. I know you're like, with what?! Pants y'all, yes, pants! And I must say at first I wasn't really feeling that same fuzzy feeling that I get when I make a dress, or even a jacket. Pants imo, is a different kind of beast, I mean getting the fit right in itself is a beast, right?  I really wanted this year to try new to me techniques, and improve on some areas within my sewing. However, I knew that I couldn't do that within staying in my comfort zone.... So, I set out to make pants, and I know some of you are saying, well Candice you've made pants before....
I made a muslin of these pants last week, and had to make
a few minor tweaks to them.... Which I will mention on the final post..
  Well, yes I have! But they were the basics of the basics, no pockets, back pockets, which is fine btw but I want to improve on my techniques. So, I set out to make a pair of well fitted pants with WELT pockets, yes y'all I made my first welt pockets and I love making welts, not at all scary like I assumed. I think in sewing it's best to remember that there can be more than one way to do a thing, just find what works for you! Let me show you the goods, right?! Well, these are my practice welts on my muslin..

Not too bad for my first time making welts, well these are double
welts...I put single welts in my final pants, I think I like the look of them
better, idk?!

 I used two different tutorials to help me understand them better,here and here awesome stuff I tell ya! I also sewed my first proper fly front with the underlap and fly, and again easy stuff man!

You really can't see the fly all to well, with my fabric choice but this is a muslin, so
hopefully you can see the details better on the real garment.

 I've just about finished my pants, just need to sew on the hook and eye closures and so far they fit great...I would like to get a top done this weekend to wear with them, but we will see how that goes, lol.. I'm thinking of the new McCall's 6844...

 
  I am glad that I took the challenge to learn to make welt pockets, and of course mines are not perfect, but with time I know they will get better..... On to other news, I did get a new camera, can we  all say," Won't He do it"... LOL... I was soooo tired of my crappy photos and decided to make the upgrade to the Cannon Rebel T3, yeah it's a learning curve but the picture quality is fantastic....Take a look see:
My little lady is starting to smile now, yay!

Look at the picture quality, fantastic!

My "Power Ranger" and "Iron Man"....
   Well, ladies I'm off to sew on those hooks and eyes on my pants... I hope you have a safe fun filled weekend! Be blessed and nothin' less and continue to stay fearlessly fierce!


10 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your pants! Kids are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! And congrats to you and the hubby on your beautiful daughter!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the new camera - I so need to break down and get a new one too. Your welt pocket is dynamite! Guess what? I'm finally going to get around to mimicking your striped pencil skirt this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faye! I can't wait to see your skirt, I know it will be fabulous!

      Delete
  3. Doesn't your new camera take great photos! Your kids are just so photogenic ... can't wait to see your new and improved pants ... J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I've missed so much, being away from blogland! I hope your pants turn out wonderful! Now those kids...ADORABLE!!! And your daughter is beautiful, I know you are appreciating having a little girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vanessa, I've missed reading your post, hope your coming back to blogland :)... And thank you, and I am so grateful for my little girl....

      Delete
  5. Great job on the pocket I am still very much afraid of making one but yours has given me courage, thank you. Your kids are so adorable

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uhm somebody is growing up! Make that THREE somebodies! Your pants look fabulous and the muslin fabric is gorgeous. You're gonna love that camera!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...