Skip to main content

M6612 take two!!!!!


Love my new bag from shoe dazzle, although it's empty right now, lol!

 

  I was looking for a little mindless sewing on yesterday, and seeing that I went to Jo-Ann's this past weekend and picked up two yards of black ponte knit; I knew just the pattern that would do the trick. I would say  hands down that this would have to be my most worn D.I.Y garment that I've made. It's comfortable, yet chic and really easy to wear, so a plus in my book..
Made the grey dress last year this time!

  I didn't do anything different from the previous version of this dress, other than take an inch off the hem and hem the dress with a 5/8th hem allowance. This dress is seriously long, and for reference I'm 5'7 and with 4" heels this dress was still dragging the ground, so this pattern does run pretty long..

 
  I also stabilized the back shoulder seams with clear elastic, seeing that I used a beefier knit this go round, and I didn't want to run the risk of my shoulder seams stretching out of place. I have finished my Lady Skater dress, but this is what I wore this morning so decided to snap a few pics.. I can already tell that this dress will be in heavy rotation this season...Ladies, that's all I have for now! I hope you are having a wonderful week, be blessed and nothin' less and continue to stay fearlessly fierce!

Comments

  1. Uhm yeah...you're rockin' the dress...again! Love, love the hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done...I keep taking this pattern out and putting it back in the draw, LOL :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's a ruffle kinda of season :Vogue 9243

Guys have you ever started a project, and were quite excited to make the garment, but halfway through finishing, you suddenly lose interest? Well, that was my story. I have never been so ready to call a garment done in my life,lol.


This pattern is seriously not hard at all, technique wise, that is. I mean, once you get over having to hem those four flounces if you do the view that I made, which is view F. However,  I'm just kinda of meh about this project. I  think because I loved McCall's 7542 so much, and was hoping the same for this top too, but nope!



 The neckline on this one is enormously large! I didn't catch this when I tissue fitted the pattern, but I have been more diligent in exercising and eating better, so I don't know; maybe I lost a few pounds, which could have caused the neckline to be large. However, if you look closely at the model on the cover, it looks to be a little large on the model's neckline as well, so something to note.



 Let's get …

I'm just here for the sleeves: M7542

It's no secret, that these sleeves are in everywhere now days! I'm mean, I'm just here for the sleeves myself,lol.

 I loved this pattern at first glance, and I even loved all of the other views that were accompanied within the pattern. I don't think that has every happened for me, now that I  think about it.


 Now looking over the instructions prior to starting this project, I was fairly confident that everything was going to be a breeze, and they were for the most part( however comma) (yes I had to write it out because I would totally say this in real life, lol!)

However, those darn sleeves gave me a run for my money, well not the sleeve itself, but the hem!




 I'm no rookie when it comes to hemming curved hems, or so I thought, because every method I tried was basically like, nope, try again, LOL! 
 After what seemed like an eternity and having to re-cut out an entirely different flounce, I was able to get a decent hem on the flounce of the sleeve. I just used Mc…

The three pattern dress that took a month to finish:Simplicity 8383

Guys so my sewing mojo has been pretty much non- existent-hence the reason it has taken me over a month to finish the hem of this simple dress,lol..  This dress is Simplicity 8383 and I was so gun-ho  in making this dress, that I went out and purchased the pattern and paid full price, as I couldn't bare to wait the shipping out, then only to take a month to hem said dress that I just had to have :)..

This pattern is very easy. If you have any sewing experience, the instructions would not be of importance to you. The view that I made, view C, has only four pattern pieces:front, back, neck band, and the arm hole binding pattern pieces for the arm holes. I made the 16 and added four inches to the dress and I was still only able to do a tiny hem, so be mindful if you're only the taller end like myself. For the fabric, I used a rayon blend knit fabric that I purchased from a local vendor here in Hawaii some time ago, and I really adore the drape and movement of this fabric.



I al…