Skip to main content

Black and white trend...M6073 again!


I actually wore this for Memorial Day, added my new favorite
coral bag (tar-jay aka target) for a pop of color...


   I am totally in love with black and white, and together to me just says fierce, dharlin'! Although being 8 months pregnant, I still like to feel sassy and a little bit jazzy! So, I knew that after my last maxi dress 6073 that I had to make another. I went shopping in my stash and found this ITY jersey from Fabricmart fabrics that I scored for $3.50 a yard, so that is a winner in my book, yass honey!
Spring 2013 black and white trend!

 
   Again, this dress was exceptionally easy; however, I decided to go size this dress down from the previous dress. As I found the first dress to be a touch to big, especially the bodice area, which led me to having to alter the dress, ugh!  Unlike the previous version I decided to add the binding to the dress, and I really  liked that addition. I know I said that I thought that the binding was to fiddly, but the trick is you have to take your time at the "V" in the back and it will work out perfectly.
I love how the back provides much coverage, but yet you still
feel a little jazzy!
Binding with twin needle stitching...

 I made this dress in about four hours including the pre-treating the fabric, cutting, and sewing with breaks in between, hey, this pregnant lady has to eat lol! I wore the dress all day Memorial day and it was totally comfortable. I can't truly say that I'm done with this pattern yet, I may just have one more in me, we shall see! I forgot to mention that like the previous dress, I added the elastic in the shoulders; however, I omitted the elastic in the waist and all is well, even with all this stomach girth :)...
Look at all that stomach, whew!
 Well, ladies that's all I have for now! I hope you are having a wonderful week..Be blessed and nothin' less and continue to stay fearlessly fierce!

Comments

  1. You Are Glowing! And That's A Pretty Dress Too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are on trend, girl, very cute, love the coral bag, nice touch, I am huge fan of target, I'm always there.
    Very smart of you to make the maxi dresses so you can wear them after you have the baby, did say what you were having, I don't think I read it anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Toy! Girl, I am finally getting my little girl after two boys!

      Delete
  3. You look great! And I'm impressed, still sewing and still stylish at eight months', that's an inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great dress. Love the fabric. Looks fab on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!!!!! I obviously have been out of touch. You look fantastic and the dress is fab too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunningly dressed at eight months pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so beautiful and fierce! Congrats on your baby bump!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww look at you... glowingly beautiful. Love the maxi on you and the pop of color... perfect combination.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking fabulous Candice! Making me want to make something black and white! FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look wonderful!!!! Praying for a healthy baby and easy delivery :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your fabric...and it fits you well with your bundle of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your fabric.....and it fits well with your bundle of joy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's a ruffle kinda of season :Vogue 9243

Guys have you ever started a project, and were quite excited to make the garment, but halfway through finishing, you suddenly lose interest? Well, that was my story. I have never been so ready to call a garment done in my life,lol.


This pattern is seriously not hard at all, technique wise, that is. I mean, once you get over having to hem those four flounces if you do the view that I made, which is view F. However,  I'm just kinda of meh about this project. I  think because I loved McCall's 7542 so much, and was hoping the same for this top too, but nope!



 The neckline on this one is enormously large! I didn't catch this when I tissue fitted the pattern, but I have been more diligent in exercising and eating better, so I don't know; maybe I lost a few pounds, which could have caused the neckline to be large. However, if you look closely at the model on the cover, it looks to be a little large on the model's neckline as well, so something to note.



 Let's get …

I'm just here for the sleeves: M7542

It's no secret, that these sleeves are in everywhere now days! I'm mean, I'm just here for the sleeves myself,lol.

 I loved this pattern at first glance, and I even loved all of the other views that were accompanied within the pattern. I don't think that has every happened for me, now that I  think about it.


 Now looking over the instructions prior to starting this project, I was fairly confident that everything was going to be a breeze, and they were for the most part( however comma) (yes I had to write it out because I would totally say this in real life, lol!)

However, those darn sleeves gave me a run for my money, well not the sleeve itself, but the hem!




 I'm no rookie when it comes to hemming curved hems, or so I thought, because every method I tried was basically like, nope, try again, LOL! 
 After what seemed like an eternity and having to re-cut out an entirely different flounce, I was able to get a decent hem on the flounce of the sleeve. I just used Mc…

The three pattern dress that took a month to finish:Simplicity 8383

Guys so my sewing mojo has been pretty much non- existent-hence the reason it has taken me over a month to finish the hem of this simple dress,lol..  This dress is Simplicity 8383 and I was so gun-ho  in making this dress, that I went out and purchased the pattern and paid full price, as I couldn't bare to wait the shipping out, then only to take a month to hem said dress that I just had to have :)..

This pattern is very easy. If you have any sewing experience, the instructions would not be of importance to you. The view that I made, view C, has only four pattern pieces:front, back, neck band, and the arm hole binding pattern pieces for the arm holes. I made the 16 and added four inches to the dress and I was still only able to do a tiny hem, so be mindful if you're only the taller end like myself. For the fabric, I used a rayon blend knit fabric that I purchased from a local vendor here in Hawaii some time ago, and I really adore the drape and movement of this fabric.



I al…