Monday, February 18, 2013

Half way there baby and M6164!


  Half way there baby, oh yeah! Also we found out we are finally having our little princess after being blessed with our two beautiful boys, to say that I'm excited is beyond words... I am finally starting to feel better, and was even able to get in my sewing room this weekend, which in turn got my sewing mojo revved up! Too bad I don't really enjoy sewing for the pregnant bump, sorry, it's just not my thing... However, I did join club BMV this past weekend and was able to get some great patterns from  KWIK Sew for 4.99 for the hubby and the boys *winning*.. So, hopefully soon I will start practicing my sewing skills on my men folk, lol...
I got a little grease from my lunch on my pants and again to lazy to change pants lol!

  There's really not much to say about M6164 which is now out of print; however, I believe you can still snag this pattern on their website. It is truly a quick and easy pattern, and just what the doctored ordered to get me back in the game so to speak. I used left over ponte knit from V8742 so to me this shirt was practically free, again *winning*! I did have to make a few alterations for this top to fit over my very pregnant bump, ha! I added 1 1/2 to the side pieces and lengthened the top about 1 1/2 inch to account for the stomach girth, sigh. I also did not attach the the elastic using a casing, I'm much to lazy for all that right now, lol.. I just used clear elastic and sewed it close to the seamline, but not on the seamline, making sure to stretch the elastic as I went along. I also raised the neckline an inch and added a neck binding for the neckline instead of that fold over and stitch bit. Easy stuff I tell ya!
Add caption

 Well my dear lovelies that is all I have for now, let's just pray the sewing mojo continues  because I have truly, truly missed sewing an this wonderful community! Be blessed Divas and nothin' less and continue to stay fearlessly fierce!

32 comments:

  1. You may not enjoy sewing for your bump but you did a great job and you're still fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice hearing from you and seeing you too Candice. It's a very nice top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faye! Feels great to be getting some energy back!

      Delete
  3. Woo hoo! Congrats on your little girl. I know you are going to sew her the most fabulous garments to match her already-chic mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fantastic Candice! You have definitely got "the glow". Lovely top to wake up those sewing senses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First congratulations on the precious princess! Second you are looking good in your new top. Hope you get to sew a little more before she shows up and that the rest of your pregnancy is easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn, and girl you have rockin' over there with outfits!

      Delete
  6. You are looking great! Congrats on the little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great! I hope you are feeling well too. A little girl! She will be fun to sew for.
    I agree, sewing pregnancy clothes is not that exciting because you know you won't be using them for very long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karin! I am so excited to be able to sew for a little girl now!

      Delete
  8. Hey Candice! I agree, you look amazing! How exciting to be having a girl after two boys!!! Are you planning on sewing anything for this little one? I have found sewing for my daughter to be very enjoyable. I wish you all the best with the rest of the pregnancy, and I am glad you are feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS--Your shirt looks great too! I wonder why the pattern is OOP, it's really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your shirt looks great lady!!! You look super cute. And for some reason I missed your BIG announcement. Congrats on your little princess:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look great. Congrats on the little lady.

    Omg, I was trying to get a hold of you last week. Glad to see everything is okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lady! Girl, I am soooo bad about checking my email, I need to get better, lol!

      Delete
  12. Congratulations!!!! Little girls are soo much fun!!! You'll be making pretty little dresses! Awww...memories. My daughters are now 31 & 29.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look wonderful, and adorable with your baby bump. How wonderful to be having a girl, you will have so much fun making girly things for her (the boys should appreciate your sewing while they still can!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look gorgeous. So happy you are having a little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations Candice! How exciting for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations Candice! How exciting for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations Candice! How exciting for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute top! And Congratulations! Hope you can get some quality sewing in for the men and boys.
    -Nizzy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...