Skip to main content

Still working on M6611

 I'm coming along fairly well on my jacket, which BTW is M6611. I now have the main body of the jacket completed and only have to sew up the lining, which for this particular pattern is self- lined unless you used the option for the contrasting view... This pattern is a breeze to sew up, especially if you have a little experience up your sleeve. I did notice a discrepancy within the instructions. I don't know, maybe it was just me that had the confusion( which is highly not unlikely lol).. When I got to the peplum section step# 11 it states to stitch pieces 6, to piece 7 at either side, and to do the same on step 12 with the lining pieces..Okay, all is good in the hood there, lol!

However, step #14 left me scratching my head, between steps 11-12 does not tell you just how you are supposed to even get these two pieces, the peplum lining and the peplum together...I know for a absolute newbie, this could pose a real problem, so this is the purpose for this blog post. Just wanted to help!

So I can hear the suspense just building up waiting to hear my explanation on this, yeah right lol! At step#11 and 12 I put right sides together and then stitched the sides and the bottom, leaving the top open. I then pressed the seams and trimmed the seams, now the the two are sewn together(the peplum, and peplum lining), turn inside out and press and continue with step#14 and all is good! Alright Lovelies, that is it!  All is good, so  hopefully I will be back with a wearable garment! Be blessed and nothin' less and continue to stay fearlessly fierce!


  1. Just goes to show you that you CAN work it out if you know steps to construction. That would have confused the heck out of me.

  2. Thanks Faye,I sure was confused at first!

  3. You have determination and style,and that is key to figuring out confusing patterns. You go girl!

  4. Oh, thank you Candice! I have tbis parren on my "to do" pile...the clarification will help!


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's a ruffle kinda of season :Vogue 9243

Guys have you ever started a project, and were quite excited to make the garment, but halfway through finishing, you suddenly lose interest? Well, that was my story. I have never been so ready to call a garment done in my life,lol.

This pattern is seriously not hard at all, technique wise, that is. I mean, once you get over having to hem those four flounces if you do the view that I made, which is view F. However,  I'm just kinda of meh about this project. I  think because I loved McCall's 7542 so much, and was hoping the same for this top too, but nope!

 The neckline on this one is enormously large! I didn't catch this when I tissue fitted the pattern, but I have been more diligent in exercising and eating better, so I don't know; maybe I lost a few pounds, which could have caused the neckline to be large. However, if you look closely at the model on the cover, it looks to be a little large on the model's neckline as well, so something to note.

 Let's get …

The three pattern dress that took a month to finish:Simplicity 8383

Guys so my sewing mojo has been pretty much non- existent-hence the reason it has taken me over a month to finish the hem of this simple dress,lol..  This dress is Simplicity 8383 and I was so gun-ho  in making this dress, that I went out and purchased the pattern and paid full price, as I couldn't bare to wait the shipping out, then only to take a month to hem said dress that I just had to have :)..

This pattern is very easy. If you have any sewing experience, the instructions would not be of importance to you. The view that I made, view C, has only four pattern pieces:front, back, neck band, and the arm hole binding pattern pieces for the arm holes. I made the 16 and added four inches to the dress and I was still only able to do a tiny hem, so be mindful if you're only the taller end like myself. For the fabric, I used a rayon blend knit fabric that I purchased from a local vendor here in Hawaii some time ago, and I really adore the drape and movement of this fabric.

I al…

I'm just here for the sleeves: M7542

It's no secret, that these sleeves are in everywhere now days! I'm mean, I'm just here for the sleeves myself,lol.

 I loved this pattern at first glance, and I even loved all of the other views that were accompanied within the pattern. I don't think that has every happened for me, now that I  think about it.

 Now looking over the instructions prior to starting this project, I was fairly confident that everything was going to be a breeze, and they were for the most part( however comma) (yes I had to write it out because I would totally say this in real life, lol!)

However, those darn sleeves gave me a run for my money, well not the sleeve itself, but the hem!

 I'm no rookie when it comes to hemming curved hems, or so I thought, because every method I tried was basically like, nope, try again, LOL! 
 After what seemed like an eternity and having to re-cut out an entirely different flounce, I was able to get a decent hem on the flounce of the sleeve. I just used Mc…