Skip to main content

Street chic! V8742

How I will style the dress for my up coming wedding anniversary!
 I've been talking a lot about being excited that my hand made garments are now starting to coincide with my RTW style, which is important, right? In order to want to wear your hand made garments it has to be a style, or color that reflects your RTW style in order to want to wear them, yes? So, where does the title post "Street Chic" comes into play?

Nine West  nude pumps, which happen to be extremely comfortable
Well, I have been trying to define my style, or verbalize my style and kept coming up with generic responses...That is until, "Pintrest"! Yes, Pintrest.  I happen to stumble across someones pins/boards who happen to name it appropriately  "street chic". That title hit me like a ton of bricks, okay not really, but for the sake of theatrics lets go with it lol... So to that, thank you Pintrest  for my Aha moment lol! Okay, so let's talk about V8742, which I have reviewed earlier this year. I won't bore you with another long review on this dress; however, I was able to go down two sizes from my previous dress that I made earlier this year, woo hoo!
V8742 with sleeveless RTW cardi which Butterick has a new pattern for.
"My street chic" look


On this version, I decided that I wanted something sexy to wear for my upcoming wedding anniversary, that would also play nice with my "street chic" RTW style..So, I decided to make view A without the sleeves, and seeing that I already had some black ponte knit pre -washed and ready to go, this was a win win for me.. The dress used about a 2 yards of fabric, and I used self fabric for my bias binding instead of purchased. I  didn't have any on hand..

 I also used clear elastic instead of the stay tape in this version, and I loved the sleeker look on the inside of the dress. I love, love this dress and what I love most is that it is true to my RTW style... Well, that's my time lovelies have a fantastic weekend!  Oh and before I forget, thanks to everyone who took the time to encourage me on my 30 day challenge it really means a lot! Be blessed and nothin' less and continue to stay fearlessly fierce!

Comments

  1. Your dress looks lovely, I can also see that you have slimmed down. Sexy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! I'm trying to work it out girl lol!

      Delete
  2. You look da bomb!!! Lurve that first pic, you sexy bee-atch lol. Congrats on going down a couple of sizes, am aiming for that myself. Even set up a separate daily blog hoping it will help lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sassy T girl you are mess lol! Thanks girl you can do it, we can do it! I'm going to check out your other blog all the inspiration will help!

      Delete
    2. Gosh don't check my blog for inspiration for dieting, am rubbish lol. This is it, just click on my link. Am called missy fatty hehe .

      Delete
  3. Looking good lady!!! CONGRATS on your weight loss :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looks, girl! I'm going to have to get this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very chic indeed - you look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Down 2 dress sizes? That's amazing! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look sensational! Definitely thinner too. Now I really want to make this dress! I love it dressed down as well as up. You've got a good eye for patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karin! You should make this dress, I know you will be smokin' in this, you have an awesome figure!

      Delete
  8. This is a nice dress Candice, and a nice look on you. Happy Anniversary!! My hubby and I are celebrating our anniversary this month also. PS--I like the white vest?shawl? you have on, but I hope you get a chance to take it off because the detailing on that dress is so pretty!! And congrats on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're looking sexy and sassy!!!! This will definitely be a showstopper for your big day! Glad you discovered your style. I had the same epiphany recently myself. Knowing one's style makes sewing so much easier:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Victoria! Yes it is so much better when your RTW style matches your handmade clothing.

      Delete
  10. Love your style and I just signed up to follow. That sleeveless cardi is awesome, sort of a scarf type effect that is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bunny! I am in love with the sleeveless cardi's right now! Thanks again..

      Delete
  11. This is a very fierce dress on you, I really like the ruched side front panels. This dress will be versatile and I'm sure you'll get lots of use out of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bri! I think this will get a lot of use this season!

      Delete
  12. The dress looks great on you and like how you paired it with the RTW cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the gathers on the sides. Great job with the slimdown!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristin! I loved your zumba video very cool...

      Delete
  14. You look great in this dress! It'll be so versatile, too. Congratulations on going down two sizes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This dress definitely looks RTW and is very flattering on you. Job well done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's a ruffle kinda of season :Vogue 9243

Guys have you ever started a project, and were quite excited to make the garment, but halfway through finishing, you suddenly lose interest? Well, that was my story. I have never been so ready to call a garment done in my life,lol.


This pattern is seriously not hard at all, technique wise, that is. I mean, once you get over having to hem those four flounces if you do the view that I made, which is view F. However,  I'm just kinda of meh about this project. I  think because I loved McCall's 7542 so much, and was hoping the same for this top too, but nope!



 The neckline on this one is enormously large! I didn't catch this when I tissue fitted the pattern, but I have been more diligent in exercising and eating better, so I don't know; maybe I lost a few pounds, which could have caused the neckline to be large. However, if you look closely at the model on the cover, it looks to be a little large on the model's neckline as well, so something to note.



 Let's get …

I'm just here for the sleeves: M7542

It's no secret, that these sleeves are in everywhere now days! I'm mean, I'm just here for the sleeves myself,lol.

 I loved this pattern at first glance, and I even loved all of the other views that were accompanied within the pattern. I don't think that has every happened for me, now that I  think about it.


 Now looking over the instructions prior to starting this project, I was fairly confident that everything was going to be a breeze, and they were for the most part( however comma) (yes I had to write it out because I would totally say this in real life, lol!)

However, those darn sleeves gave me a run for my money, well not the sleeve itself, but the hem!




 I'm no rookie when it comes to hemming curved hems, or so I thought, because every method I tried was basically like, nope, try again, LOL! 
 After what seemed like an eternity and having to re-cut out an entirely different flounce, I was able to get a decent hem on the flounce of the sleeve. I just used Mc…

Not singing the blues, but lovin' this chambray blue dress: Simplicity 1059 Review

Happy New Year y'all! It's a new year, full of new possibilities. In looking back on 2016,I must say that I really had a great year, introspectively speaking.

 In 2016, I really embraced all of who I am; learned more about myself and being okay with that! I say being being okay with that, simply because, we tend to allow ourselves to be boxed in, or we allow others to box us into their mold of who we should be according to their perception of us.





2016 taught me, that it's quite okay if you don't fit in a box, that truly being "Fearlessly Fierce"  ,  means to walk in "YOUR PURPOSE"! 
 For instance, I/you, may never be a seamstress that plays by the rules, making a muslin until you get the perfected fit or have the most couture finishes. 
 That's okay too! 2017, I plan to walk even more fearless in my purpose, in whatever capacity that it may be  for me..


 I am wishing each and everyone of you a wonderful and prosperous New Year. I hope that this …