Skip to main content

A little peplum love! V8815

Could have used an FBA for the girls, a muslin *gasps* would have caught that but  C' est la vie !
(such is life)

 I know I've been M.I.A these past two weeks; however, not without good cause that is! My hubby's ship is back in from deployment, oh yeah, so I've been boo'ed up so to speak LOL! Okay, but back to why you clicked on this post: A little peplum love V8815.. I have fallen in love with these little tops! They are little tops, but give so much more in style. I've seen the whose who of celebs, to blogger fashionistas rockin' these "peplum" tops with such style and grace, and I knew I had to give this style a go. I'm quite glad that I did!

Heading to the movies with my three loves for a family date night!! I was told by my five year old that I was
stunning, okay, maybe more on the lines of pretty, but who's taking notes lol!  Although I do think the boy has exquisite
 taste hehehe!



This was a fairly easy pattern as the pattern depicts "Very easy vogue pattern". For the fabric I used a stretch cotton twill from fabric.com, which was everything lol! Seriously this fabric was as my sister says the bomb.com lol! I used pre-packaged bias tape, and  also swapped a regular zipper in favor for an invisible zipper. That I had to do over twice! Let's just say after that ordeal ,I broke down and ordered another invisible zipper foot. 
Sorry for the wrinkles I forgot to get a photo of the back.We were running late for
the movies so I took this afterwards...
I did add an 1 1/2 inch thinking I was recreating the wheel, umm no LOL! It looked as if I was wearing an over sized tutu so not the look I was going for lol! Thankfully, I had just enough fabric to cut out another bodice piece again, yes please! After re-cutting the bodice pieces again, I added an inch and that seemed to do the trick, sigh!


New Coach bag gifted by the hubby!





Alright lovelies that's my time! Oh the 30 day challenge you ask? Yeah, that's not going work, yeah umm not working lol....I just don't work good under pressure, so I have to just do it and not talk about it! If that makes any kind of sense... Thanks for all the well wishes, I really was doing good until the hubby came home...That man likes to cook and eat, but I told him I am getting back on plan, and that's exactly what I tend to do... I hope you ladies all have a beautiful, safe, fun filled weekend! Be blessed and nothin' less and continue to stay fearlessly fierce!

Comments

  1. Did it get hot in here?
    Very nice, now I am gonna have to make me one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, girrrrl it's hot in here lol! Thanks Trice for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. My hubby messes up all my fitness plans too! Love your version. I need to make me a plain one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shawnta, yes, they are always messing things up lol!

      Delete
  3. CUTE top...awww purse for the Mrs. :) Do you think you will make another one soon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! Yes, I am thinking about making a print top or either another solid!.

      Delete
  4. Your figure looks fabulous, and the peplum aint bad lol. Great minds think alike, I have a Peplum in my next post, obviously not made by me hehe, but nevertheless. You look the business. Did I say your figure is bangin? Oh yeah I did nuff said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't do it to me Sassy T! Hyping me up like that, you could create a monster lol! Thanks again!

      Delete
  5. I adore this look on you!!! Very nice ensemble!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sassy! Your hubby did well with that purse, girl! Tyna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tyna, Thanks Diva and yes, had to give the hubby kudos for the purse lol!

      Delete
  7. Hope you felt as cute wearing it as you looked. Love this pattern, I so want to make it in a solid color now. I think you did a great job. When I inserted the invisible zipper in my peplum I had to do it twice too - and I was using the invisible foot - go figure!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Faye, I felt like I was giving them fever last night hehehe! And yes, those invisible zips can be a pain at times...

      Delete
  8. Looks great, you are working this look, CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with everyone else here...you look HOT, HOT, HOT! You definitely should make another, you've inspired me to buy the pattern & give it a try too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Myra,girl, don't pump me up like that girl lol! I may start getting the big head lol...Thanks again Myra!

      Delete
  10. Alrighty Now!!! I love this top, yes you are working this. I must get this right now, lol. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diva! I know you will rock this top! You've been on a roll lately, garment after garment has been fiyah lol!

      Delete
  11. Ooooooooh... you look good! Love that peplum... it shows of your curves in a nice demure way :) Have fun with hubby and wearing your new top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sophia! We had a great time!

      Delete
  12. I have that pattern and the New Look version as well. They are on my list to work up but I have a few more things to finish first. I love your version and you look great in it. Glad the hubby's back home and you're getting quality time in.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look great in this! I have this pattern and now I am *desperate* to make it. I always love your pattern picks.
    Enjoy your husband while he is home:-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE this top!! Paired with the skinnies is just TOO CUTE of an outfit! So HOT!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's a ruffle kinda of season :Vogue 9243

Guys have you ever started a project, and were quite excited to make the garment, but halfway through finishing, you suddenly lose interest? Well, that was my story. I have never been so ready to call a garment done in my life,lol.


This pattern is seriously not hard at all, technique wise, that is. I mean, once you get over having to hem those four flounces if you do the view that I made, which is view F. However,  I'm just kinda of meh about this project. I  think because I loved McCall's 7542 so much, and was hoping the same for this top too, but nope!



 The neckline on this one is enormously large! I didn't catch this when I tissue fitted the pattern, but I have been more diligent in exercising and eating better, so I don't know; maybe I lost a few pounds, which could have caused the neckline to be large. However, if you look closely at the model on the cover, it looks to be a little large on the model's neckline as well, so something to note.



 Let's get …

I'm just here for the sleeves: M7542

It's no secret, that these sleeves are in everywhere now days! I'm mean, I'm just here for the sleeves myself,lol.

 I loved this pattern at first glance, and I even loved all of the other views that were accompanied within the pattern. I don't think that has every happened for me, now that I  think about it.


 Now looking over the instructions prior to starting this project, I was fairly confident that everything was going to be a breeze, and they were for the most part( however comma) (yes I had to write it out because I would totally say this in real life, lol!)

However, those darn sleeves gave me a run for my money, well not the sleeve itself, but the hem!




 I'm no rookie when it comes to hemming curved hems, or so I thought, because every method I tried was basically like, nope, try again, LOL! 
 After what seemed like an eternity and having to re-cut out an entirely different flounce, I was able to get a decent hem on the flounce of the sleeve. I just used Mc…

The three pattern dress that took a month to finish:Simplicity 8383

Guys so my sewing mojo has been pretty much non- existent-hence the reason it has taken me over a month to finish the hem of this simple dress,lol..  This dress is Simplicity 8383 and I was so gun-ho  in making this dress, that I went out and purchased the pattern and paid full price, as I couldn't bare to wait the shipping out, then only to take a month to hem said dress that I just had to have :)..

This pattern is very easy. If you have any sewing experience, the instructions would not be of importance to you. The view that I made, view C, has only four pattern pieces:front, back, neck band, and the arm hole binding pattern pieces for the arm holes. I made the 16 and added four inches to the dress and I was still only able to do a tiny hem, so be mindful if you're only the taller end like myself. For the fabric, I used a rayon blend knit fabric that I purchased from a local vendor here in Hawaii some time ago, and I really adore the drape and movement of this fabric.



I al…