Skip to main content

A new member to the team!

   Whew, life has been crazy busy here in my household! I did not plan such an extended absence away from all my sewing Divas! As you all know, my husband is in the Navy, and the ship came back recently after  being gone for the entire summer.. We also celebrated a birthday in the family, our son turned the big five*tear* and to add  also started kindergarten this past Tuesday! So, it has been to say the least..


My kindergartner *tear* of course mommy was trailing
right behind lol!

I know the last time we chatted I was working on the muslin for the beignet skirt. Well, I have had it finished since the end of August. I also managed to finish another skirt, a muslin for a pair of pants and manage to cut out the ones for the real garment...I am so in need of basics for the fall, so that's my focus right now basics... I know, know where are the pictures you say! I will hopefully post them this weekend. Now that things are getting back to normal here, regular posting can resume!

 Well, I know you say the title of this blog post is: " A new member to the team" What is that about?Well, umm, it involved another purchase, lol! I posted about some of the garments I wanted to make this  fall, one of them being a coat...Sheila, had mentioned in one  the comments that she purchased a heavy duty machine to sew her coat this year, as she didn't want to mess up her machine using too of a thick material ( I am paraphrasing here)..


  I love, love, my sewing machine and didn't know if my machine would handle the thick fabric, interfacing's and such, and I also wanted to get into sewing jeans..So, I was like, yeah Sheila is right and hit submit on my new Singer Heavy 4423! It was on sale, as I didn't want to spend more for this sewing machine than for my everyday sewing machine seeing that it wouldn't be used everyday machine. I finally got to take it for a spin today, after having it for about two weeks now! See it's been busy here

Well, so far so good, but I'll let you if that changes, hopefully not! It's feels so good to be back from an unplanned absence from the blog... Alright, Divas that's all for now but I promise to have more later! As always be blessed and nothin' less and continue to stay fearlessly fierce!

Comments

  1. I know how you feel. I was suppose to be a lil more productive this summer but with DJ being home that did not happen. I love my janome that I got as a backup for the baby lock. Its all mechanical but I don't think it is heavy duty. I may bred to add to the family as well lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. My youngest just started kindergarden this week, sniff. I am trying to get back into sewing, but I started baking instead...not good news for my dress size when I do get to sewing, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are back! I'm sure it was tough having your hubby gone all of the summer, I am an army brat, and I remember my mom holdin' it down while dad was away. I'm looking forward to seeing the items you have finished, I'm sure they are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Shawnta,you know I have to cosign on you getting a heavy duty lol! @ Karin, I can't wait to see your new clothes once you get back to your sewing machine! @ Vanessa, it was rough having the hubby gone all summer, but I thank God for His strength, because without whew lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your new member. I'll be watching closely to see what you pump out on that baby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Faye, I am excited! I love the sewing community you Divas are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your new machine and thanks for the Shout-out. My plan this fall/winter is make a coat and looking forward to yours.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's a ruffle kinda of season :Vogue 9243

Guys have you ever started a project, and were quite excited to make the garment, but halfway through finishing, you suddenly lose interest? Well, that was my story. I have never been so ready to call a garment done in my life,lol.


This pattern is seriously not hard at all, technique wise, that is. I mean, once you get over having to hem those four flounces if you do the view that I made, which is view F. However,  I'm just kinda of meh about this project. I  think because I loved McCall's 7542 so much, and was hoping the same for this top too, but nope!



 The neckline on this one is enormously large! I didn't catch this when I tissue fitted the pattern, but I have been more diligent in exercising and eating better, so I don't know; maybe I lost a few pounds, which could have caused the neckline to be large. However, if you look closely at the model on the cover, it looks to be a little large on the model's neckline as well, so something to note.



 Let's get …

I'm just here for the sleeves: M7542

It's no secret, that these sleeves are in everywhere now days! I'm mean, I'm just here for the sleeves myself,lol.

 I loved this pattern at first glance, and I even loved all of the other views that were accompanied within the pattern. I don't think that has every happened for me, now that I  think about it.


 Now looking over the instructions prior to starting this project, I was fairly confident that everything was going to be a breeze, and they were for the most part( however comma) (yes I had to write it out because I would totally say this in real life, lol!)

However, those darn sleeves gave me a run for my money, well not the sleeve itself, but the hem!




 I'm no rookie when it comes to hemming curved hems, or so I thought, because every method I tried was basically like, nope, try again, LOL! 
 After what seemed like an eternity and having to re-cut out an entirely different flounce, I was able to get a decent hem on the flounce of the sleeve. I just used Mc…

Not singing the blues, but lovin' this chambray blue dress: Simplicity 1059 Review

Happy New Year y'all! It's a new year, full of new possibilities. In looking back on 2016,I must say that I really had a great year, introspectively speaking.

 In 2016, I really embraced all of who I am; learned more about myself and being okay with that! I say being being okay with that, simply because, we tend to allow ourselves to be boxed in, or we allow others to box us into their mold of who we should be according to their perception of us.





2016 taught me, that it's quite okay if you don't fit in a box, that truly being "Fearlessly Fierce"  ,  means to walk in "YOUR PURPOSE"! 
 For instance, I/you, may never be a seamstress that plays by the rules, making a muslin until you get the perfected fit or have the most couture finishes. 
 That's okay too! 2017, I plan to walk even more fearless in my purpose, in whatever capacity that it may be  for me..


 I am wishing each and everyone of you a wonderful and prosperous New Year. I hope that this …