Skip to main content

Fabric love and everything in between!

 I think I am enjoying this a little too much! I went to check my post office box again today, and there a was another little box of lovelies from Fabric.com... I totally forgotten I had purchased, um, this may be the first signs of a problem..But I am not looking for any interventions yet, but can't say the same as for my hubby's wallet lol!


(From left to right) The grey fabric is a cotton
stretch suiting, the floral is a Charmeuse satin, and the purple
is a poly crepe suiting!



I also purchased the fabric for my first coat. It is gorgeous! 100% Shetland Wool, the exact color I was looking for too. I purchased the fabric from Fabric Mart fabrics, it is a lovely "Candy Apple Red", at least according to their web site.. I sure hope so, fingers crossed. I am also planning to do a little tailoring with this coat. I plan to use as reference the "Lady Grey sew along" that was hosted last year by the talented Gertie from the "Blog for better sewing"..I also have the book "The Classic Guide to Sewing the Perfect Jacket.. I am going for it Divas!


 I made a little progress on my Beignet skirt last night. The lining is complete, I plan to attack the facing and attach that tonight to the lining, and maybe even work on the shell tonight. I am working backwards this time around. I found when I made the muslin, that I had gotten bored with the lining after the shell was complete. I hope to be done by this weekend, so I can start on my dress for my hubby's homecoming! He has been underway all summer, ugh! Missing the hubby :(   Well, that's all for now Divas! Be blessed and nothin' less, and continue to stay fearlessly fierce!

                                                               *Gratuitous Pics*
My little man sitting up their like a big boy, waiting for Toshi to cut
his hair!


Look mommy I even got a sucker for being
such a big boy!


My big man with his fresh cut, who will be starting
kindergarten this fall, *tear*!











Comments

  1. Awwww having two girls...all things boy are so cute! Your little men look very spiffy! I can't wait for my beignet to come in the mail so I am looking forward to seeing yours. Oh and I'm starting to feel like I'm making an order with fabric.com every other day! I need to stop subscribing to that deal email lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shawnta, my little men are a handfull lol..I hope I can get finished with the beignet skirt this week.And fabric.com is really like crack to seamstress seriously lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see your coat. Great fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure do have great looking guys. Love your new fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a lot of good things in the works! And your two little ones are precious! My son won't start kindergarten until next year, and I know I'll be a mess when he goes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, you know the fabric is beautiful. I want some new fabric too. But I'm trying hard to reduce the stash before buying more. As for your little ones, they are so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's a ruffle kinda of season :Vogue 9243

Guys have you ever started a project, and were quite excited to make the garment, but halfway through finishing, you suddenly lose interest? Well, that was my story. I have never been so ready to call a garment done in my life,lol.


This pattern is seriously not hard at all, technique wise, that is. I mean, once you get over having to hem those four flounces if you do the view that I made, which is view F. However,  I'm just kinda of meh about this project. I  think because I loved McCall's 7542 so much, and was hoping the same for this top too, but nope!



 The neckline on this one is enormously large! I didn't catch this when I tissue fitted the pattern, but I have been more diligent in exercising and eating better, so I don't know; maybe I lost a few pounds, which could have caused the neckline to be large. However, if you look closely at the model on the cover, it looks to be a little large on the model's neckline as well, so something to note.



 Let's get …

I'm just here for the sleeves: M7542

It's no secret, that these sleeves are in everywhere now days! I'm mean, I'm just here for the sleeves myself,lol.

 I loved this pattern at first glance, and I even loved all of the other views that were accompanied within the pattern. I don't think that has every happened for me, now that I  think about it.


 Now looking over the instructions prior to starting this project, I was fairly confident that everything was going to be a breeze, and they were for the most part( however comma) (yes I had to write it out because I would totally say this in real life, lol!)

However, those darn sleeves gave me a run for my money, well not the sleeve itself, but the hem!




 I'm no rookie when it comes to hemming curved hems, or so I thought, because every method I tried was basically like, nope, try again, LOL! 
 After what seemed like an eternity and having to re-cut out an entirely different flounce, I was able to get a decent hem on the flounce of the sleeve. I just used Mc…

The three pattern dress that took a month to finish:Simplicity 8383

Guys so my sewing mojo has been pretty much non- existent-hence the reason it has taken me over a month to finish the hem of this simple dress,lol..  This dress is Simplicity 8383 and I was so gun-ho  in making this dress, that I went out and purchased the pattern and paid full price, as I couldn't bare to wait the shipping out, then only to take a month to hem said dress that I just had to have :)..

This pattern is very easy. If you have any sewing experience, the instructions would not be of importance to you. The view that I made, view C, has only four pattern pieces:front, back, neck band, and the arm hole binding pattern pieces for the arm holes. I made the 16 and added four inches to the dress and I was still only able to do a tiny hem, so be mindful if you're only the taller end like myself. For the fabric, I used a rayon blend knit fabric that I purchased from a local vendor here in Hawaii some time ago, and I really adore the drape and movement of this fabric.



I al…