Skip to main content

Simplicity 3503


  
Whew!!!! This has been one crazy week for me...My hubby ship pulled back in so you know the boys and I were all too excited to see daddy! On top of that I was sewing two garments, which I will not be doing again anytime soon... I was working on S2451 (which is finished) and S3503(also finished)...I must say that I love both garments and they will serve me well in my summer wardrobe and this is also my first garment in Ali's Summer Essential Sew-Along .... So that's a win in my book! S3503:
I love this dress!

  I will review S2451 later this week when I have pictures..I need to get a cute top to wear with the skirt and then pictures will come...But for now I'll just chat with you Divas about  S3503... Okay, I've had this pattern in my stash since 09' but knew it was beyond my skill level at the time, and since my husband and our anniversary is coming up I thought this would be the ideal time to try this pattern...


Feeling a little jazzy!

One more picture for the road!

 I would have been done with this dress sooner, but I ran into a couple of problems, mainly with the midriff..I made a muslin of  the dress and realized that I didn't like where the bodice was hitting on me, so I made the next dress in a pretty teal fabric *read* non muslin fabric(which is now sold out ugh) for the second round assuming I had this thing in the bag..Wrong,and just plain wrong! Let  me back up a bit because adding length to the front and back bodice an inch worked wonders for the dress for me.. But when it came time to add the lining midriff, I realized my seams were wonky in the midriff and bodice and looked terrible...



Doesn't look too bad right!
wait for it...

BAM!!!!!(note to self)
Do not sew when tired!

  I am just not comfortable anymore making okay garments, IF I feel I can do better..I am not aiming for perfection, but I am aiming for better..... I wanted to wait for my anniversary to show my hubby my dress, but I was like a kid at a candy store, so excited...I put my make-up on and accessories to take pictures and my hubby, stopped in his tracks and said" Wow, you look so pretty"... So, at least I know he loves the dress and I feel amazing in this dress! I do plan to make at least two more, probably in a more casual fabric for the summer... Now, I need to get shakin' on my "Summer Dress Challenge"!
Well, that's all for now Divas! Continue to be fearlessly fabulous!


Comments

  1. Awwww sorry about your pretty teal fabric. I know how it is to feel you have a project in the bag but something goes wrong. I've installed the zipper on my challenge dress four times now. I agree with hubby you do look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did do a wonderful job. The dress is strikingly beautiful on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is soooo cute! Love the color of the fabric. You had me laughing about the teal dress mess up.....BAM! We sew, we learn and have lots of fun in the process! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dress is beautiful! Happy anniversary to you and your hubby! Enjoy each other's company...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look gorgeous in yur new maxi dress! The raspberry colour is spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!! You look good! the color is "berry" pretty lol!! I hope you can salvage the blue one - or throw a belt/scarf on it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dress looks beautiful on you! I hope you all have a great homecoming with your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look beautiful in this dress! The color is great on you and love your accessories. That stinks about the teal dress. I've made the other view of this pattern and had a difficult time with the midriff puckering, I was lucky though and it was patterned fabric, so it didn't show.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely dress and love the color. Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's a ruffle kinda of season :Vogue 9243

Guys have you ever started a project, and were quite excited to make the garment, but halfway through finishing, you suddenly lose interest? Well, that was my story. I have never been so ready to call a garment done in my life,lol.


This pattern is seriously not hard at all, technique wise, that is. I mean, once you get over having to hem those four flounces if you do the view that I made, which is view F. However,  I'm just kinda of meh about this project. I  think because I loved McCall's 7542 so much, and was hoping the same for this top too, but nope!



 The neckline on this one is enormously large! I didn't catch this when I tissue fitted the pattern, but I have been more diligent in exercising and eating better, so I don't know; maybe I lost a few pounds, which could have caused the neckline to be large. However, if you look closely at the model on the cover, it looks to be a little large on the model's neckline as well, so something to note.



 Let's get …

I'm just here for the sleeves: M7542

It's no secret, that these sleeves are in everywhere now days! I'm mean, I'm just here for the sleeves myself,lol.

 I loved this pattern at first glance, and I even loved all of the other views that were accompanied within the pattern. I don't think that has every happened for me, now that I  think about it.


 Now looking over the instructions prior to starting this project, I was fairly confident that everything was going to be a breeze, and they were for the most part( however comma) (yes I had to write it out because I would totally say this in real life, lol!)

However, those darn sleeves gave me a run for my money, well not the sleeve itself, but the hem!




 I'm no rookie when it comes to hemming curved hems, or so I thought, because every method I tried was basically like, nope, try again, LOL! 
 After what seemed like an eternity and having to re-cut out an entirely different flounce, I was able to get a decent hem on the flounce of the sleeve. I just used Mc…

Not singing the blues, but lovin' this chambray blue dress: Simplicity 1059 Review

Happy New Year y'all! It's a new year, full of new possibilities. In looking back on 2016,I must say that I really had a great year, introspectively speaking.

 In 2016, I really embraced all of who I am; learned more about myself and being okay with that! I say being being okay with that, simply because, we tend to allow ourselves to be boxed in, or we allow others to box us into their mold of who we should be according to their perception of us.





2016 taught me, that it's quite okay if you don't fit in a box, that truly being "Fearlessly Fierce"  ,  means to walk in "YOUR PURPOSE"! 
 For instance, I/you, may never be a seamstress that plays by the rules, making a muslin until you get the perfected fit or have the most couture finishes. 
 That's okay too! 2017, I plan to walk even more fearless in my purpose, in whatever capacity that it may be  for me..


 I am wishing each and everyone of you a wonderful and prosperous New Year. I hope that this …