Skip to main content

Muslin, Muslin, Muslin Butterick 5331

    Hey Divas, I have been working over here on Butterick 5331..While to some it may not be much of a challenge but for me it is posing a big challenge... The first challenge being, having never made any sort of jacket or shirt with buttons ,so this will be a first of many... Secondly, after doing a muslin this weekend...I realized that this jacket was not going to button comfortably as shown in the line drawings.  May I also add that I've never considered myself to have a full bust, but therefore after realizing that I would need to do (gasp) the dreaded FBA for some... I almost stuck my tail between my legs and ran home lol......
 

After I got my second wind. I said to myself  will I be a hinderance to myself? Because people we know we can often times hinder ourselves.... But that's another topic another day lol... But I said,"nope"...So,   I proceeded to get out my fitting books and search the internet in hopes of more clarity, to trudge through with this needed FBA... I must say that the task wasn't as daunting as I had thought it to be.... Now, for my disclaimer: Time will tell to see if I did the FBA correctly, let us pray!!! I also added about to 2 1/2 inches in length to pattern as well....
The jacket was not meeting my center front

Okay, yeah so I should have traced the pattern on tissue!
The FBA almost complete!

              Now, that I have the FBA done.. I prewashed and pressed my fabric for the real garment, but I don't want to rush.. I really want to take my time and learn and study my pattern and pattern instructions and see what will be....That's all I have for now Divas, as always be blessed and nothin' less!!!



Comments

  1. Your FBA looks good so far. I never trace my patterns I just slice a tape. A princess seam garment is the perfect style to get a better fits through the bust. Just make sure the bust point on the pattern lines up. Can't wait to see the finished garment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! It feels good to know that I may be on the right track! I pray everything is going well for you Diva be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. everything is going to work out great, especially because you did a muslin, you will be fine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vanessa thanks for the encouragement! @Toy thank you Diva!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you are pressing right on up there with your techniques. Of course I haven't and will never need to do a FBA, so those who do them seem awfully professional to me. Great work girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there Faye, thanks so much for all your kind words and encouragement! That means so much coming from the very people I admire in the sewing world! Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a real trooper, I have yet to do an FBA. Looking forward to your jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Sheila! I just said this year I am throwing caution to the wind....And I am going to do my best to improve my skills and not hinder myself.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's a ruffle kinda of season :Vogue 9243

Guys have you ever started a project, and were quite excited to make the garment, but halfway through finishing, you suddenly lose interest? Well, that was my story. I have never been so ready to call a garment done in my life,lol.


This pattern is seriously not hard at all, technique wise, that is. I mean, once you get over having to hem those four flounces if you do the view that I made, which is view F. However,  I'm just kinda of meh about this project. I  think because I loved McCall's 7542 so much, and was hoping the same for this top too, but nope!



 The neckline on this one is enormously large! I didn't catch this when I tissue fitted the pattern, but I have been more diligent in exercising and eating better, so I don't know; maybe I lost a few pounds, which could have caused the neckline to be large. However, if you look closely at the model on the cover, it looks to be a little large on the model's neckline as well, so something to note.



 Let's get …

I'm just here for the sleeves: M7542

It's no secret, that these sleeves are in everywhere now days! I'm mean, I'm just here for the sleeves myself,lol.

 I loved this pattern at first glance, and I even loved all of the other views that were accompanied within the pattern. I don't think that has every happened for me, now that I  think about it.


 Now looking over the instructions prior to starting this project, I was fairly confident that everything was going to be a breeze, and they were for the most part( however comma) (yes I had to write it out because I would totally say this in real life, lol!)

However, those darn sleeves gave me a run for my money, well not the sleeve itself, but the hem!




 I'm no rookie when it comes to hemming curved hems, or so I thought, because every method I tried was basically like, nope, try again, LOL! 
 After what seemed like an eternity and having to re-cut out an entirely different flounce, I was able to get a decent hem on the flounce of the sleeve. I just used Mc…

Not singing the blues, but lovin' this chambray blue dress: Simplicity 1059 Review

Happy New Year y'all! It's a new year, full of new possibilities. In looking back on 2016,I must say that I really had a great year, introspectively speaking.

 In 2016, I really embraced all of who I am; learned more about myself and being okay with that! I say being being okay with that, simply because, we tend to allow ourselves to be boxed in, or we allow others to box us into their mold of who we should be according to their perception of us.





2016 taught me, that it's quite okay if you don't fit in a box, that truly being "Fearlessly Fierce"  ,  means to walk in "YOUR PURPOSE"! 
 For instance, I/you, may never be a seamstress that plays by the rules, making a muslin until you get the perfected fit or have the most couture finishes. 
 That's okay too! 2017, I plan to walk even more fearless in my purpose, in whatever capacity that it may be  for me..


 I am wishing each and everyone of you a wonderful and prosperous New Year. I hope that this …