Just wanted to share a few pictures from the Mikoshi Parade 2010 on base today! It was really a great experience for my entire family...Besides, the cultural parade there were food vendors selling American food with a Japanese twist.....There were picnic areas for you to enjoy the wonderful food, parade and meet some of our host country natives....So in all it was a very relaxing day! But in sewing news I am almost done with Butterick 5249 and hope to be reviewing that soon for you Divas....As always Divas be blessed and nothin' less!
Guys have you ever started a project, and were quite excited to make the garment, but halfway through finishing, you suddenly lose interest? Well, that was my story. I have never been so ready to call a garment done in my life,lol.
This pattern is seriously not hard at all, technique wise, that is. I mean, once you get over having to hem those four flounces if you do the view that I made, which is view F. However, I'm just kinda of meh about this project. I think because I loved McCall's 7542 so much, and was hoping the same for this top too, but nope!
The neckline on this one is enormously large! I didn't catch this when I tissue fitted the pattern, but I have been more diligent in exercising and eating better, so I don't know; maybe I lost a few pounds, which could have caused the neckline to be large. However, if you look closely at the model on the cover, it looks to be a little large on the model's neckline as well, so something to note.
Guys so my sewing mojo has been pretty much non- existent-hence the reason it has taken me over a month to finish the hem of this simple dress,lol.. This dress is Simplicity 8383 and I was so gun-ho in making this dress, that I went out and purchased the pattern and paid full price, as I couldn't bare to wait the shipping out, then only to take a month to hem said dress that I just had to have :)..
This pattern is very easy. If you have any sewing experience, the instructions would not be of importance to you. The view that I made, view C, has only four pattern pieces:front, back, neck band, and the arm hole binding pattern pieces for the arm holes. I made the 16 and added four inches to the dress and I was still only able to do a tiny hem, so be mindful if you're only the taller end like myself. For the fabric, I used a rayon blend knit fabric that I purchased from a local vendor here in Hawaii some time ago, and I really adore the drape and movement of this fabric.
It's no secret, that these sleeves are in everywhere now days! I'm mean, I'm just here for the sleeves myself,lol.
I loved this pattern at first glance, and I even loved all of the other views that were accompanied within the pattern. I don't think that has every happened for me, now that I think about it.
Now looking over the instructions prior to starting this project, I was fairly confident that everything was going to be a breeze, and they were for the most part( however comma) (yes I had to write it out because I would totally say this in real life, lol!)
However, those darn sleeves gave me a run for my money, well not the sleeve itself, but the hem!
I'm no rookie when it comes to hemming curved hems, or so I thought, because every method I tried was basically like, nope, try again, LOL!
After what seemed like an eternity and having to re-cut out an entirely different flounce, I was able to get a decent hem on the flounce of the sleeve. I just used Mc…